Community Aquatics Programs
** JOB VACANCY - Part-time UDHS Pool Supervisor - immediate openings. Join our Community Aquatics Staff by becoming an on-deck pool supervisor. Training provided. Basic qualifications: Min. age 25, lifeguard certified, WSI a bonus but not required; preference given to applicants who can work both 1-2 weeknights (typically 6:30-9:45p school year; 6:00-9:00p summer) plus 1-2 weekend shifts (school year weekends only; shifts are morning, afternoon and some evenings, needs vary) but will consider candidates who can work only weeknights or only weekends. Click here for more information.
** No Open Rec Swim/Lap Swim on Friday October 31 - Happy Halloween!!**
** Lifeguard Review / Re-Certification Courses - 2 options offered in Jan. 2015 - scroll down **
** Expanded FALL SEASON opportunities for ADULT LAP SWIM. Saturdays from 9a-12n and Sundays from 11:30a-1p. Some date exclusions. **
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF UPPER DUBLIN
COMMUNITY AQUATICS PROGRAMS
Upper Dublin High School Athletic Complex
800 Loch Alsh Avenue
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania 19034
Community members of all ages have many opportunities during the school year and summer months to participate in instructional programs, certification courses and open recreation swims at the Upper Dublin High School Natatorium.
EMPLOYMENT - CERTIFIED WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTORS (WSIs) ARE NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!
Are you a certified lifeguard or Water Safety Instructor? Are you an aquatics program instructor? Are you an experience aquatics supervisor? If you are seeking employment in an aquatics environment please consider submitting an Employment Interest Form (below).
Applications will be accepted throughout the school year to fill staff openings as they occur.
Summer 2015 Employment Interest Forms will be available in Jan/Feb 2015.
GENERAL FACILITY INFORMATION - General Facility Information Sheet
POOL FEES & CHARGES
COMMUNITY AQUATICS PROGRAMS (CAP) SEASONAL PROGRAMS
Please click the link to the right of the program title to learn more about it!
Find information including a program description, day, time, fees & how to register.
FAMILY & CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS
1. Friday Night & Saturday Morning Open Rec Swims / Birthday Party Groups - Open Rec Swim Information
2. Saturday Morning Children's Learn to Swim - Due to unexpected staffing issues identified the last week in August, as of this time the district is unable to offer the Fall Session of Learn to Swim. Information about future sessions will be posted and announced as soon as replacement instructional staff is hired and dates, times and program fees can be confirmed. We apologize for this circumstance.
3. SCUBA Instruction (ages 12+) - SCUBA Course Information
4. Private Swim/Dive Lessons - 30-minute private (one-on-one) lessons offered to anyone ages 3 to adult in partnership with the Upper Dublin Aquatic Club (UDAC). Visit www.udac.us to register, pay and select an instructor. Lessons are scheduled between you and the instructor once online payment is received. Semi-private lessons are not offered. On the home page of the UDAC website, view the left side menu, click on “UDAC Private Lessons.” or click the link below: http://www.udac.us/PrivateInstruction/UDHSNatatorium_PrivateInstruction.html
ADULT PROGRAMS - ages 18+
1. EXPANDED HOURS! Lap Swim (Mon-Fri evenings year-round plus FALL Saturday & Sunday mornings) - Lap Swim Information
Lap Swim Etiquette: Lap Swim Etiquette
2. Adult Swim Instruction (2 6-lesson sessions) - Adult Swim Instruction Program Information - this program is full. If you are interested in having your name placed on the waiting list, please email email@example.com
3. Shallow Water Aerobics (2 8-week sessions) - SWA Program Information
(ages 12+ are welcome with a participating adult)
REGISTRATION FORM - Fall 2014 and Fall/Early Winter 2015 SWA Registration
4. SCUBA Instruction - SCUBA Course Information
FLYER - SCUBA Course
5. Triathlon Swim Training - (9 week program) - Tri Swim Training
REGISTRATION FORM - Tri Swim Training Registration
6. Private Swim/Dive Lessons - please see information above
AMERICAN RED CROSS CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS
1. Lifeguard Certification (to become a certified lifeguard; min. age 15) - please check back later for the program description, dates, times, fees and registration information
REGISTRATION FORM - please check back later for program registration information
2. Lifeguard Review / Re-Certification (current lifeguards with credentials ready to expire) -
Are you an American Red Cross certified lifeguard with credentials due to expire? Avoid the May/June rush and take advantage of these winter break / early January courses to update credentials that will be "good" for the next 2 years. The American Red Cross has changed its requirements for Lifeguard Recertification to include 13 hours of classroom and in-pool review time in addition to written and skills tests. These courses are "blended learning" which means you'll also have some online work to complete. Links to line work will be provided once the course is confirmed.
Each participants much supply their own (1) rescue masks (adult/child & pediatric); (2) manual (find a digital version online at www.redcross.org); and (3) proof of current Lifeguard certification (card may not have expired more than 30 days before the first class meeting). You must attend the entire course and pass all skills and written tests. There are no refunds once the class is confirmed.
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: To secure a spot in the class, please email Facility & Community Affairs Manager Susan Lohoefer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (215) 643-8800 x8994. Information needed is the name of the course, the student’s name, home address, preferred phone number, the student’s email address, and certification expiration date. Click the link below to download a registration form. It is preferred that signed forms and fees (check payable to “UDSD”) are sent in ahead of time. When mailing form and payment please send to: Susan Lohoefer, Facility & Community Affairs Manager, School District of Upper Dublin, 1580 Fort Washington Ave., Maple Glen, PA 19002
REGISTRATION FORM - Lifeguard Review / Re-Certification Courses (Jan. 2015)
3. Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification Course - (min. age 16; lifeguard cert. not required) -
- DATES: 4 Sundays, Oct. 12, Oct. 26, Nov. 2 & Nov. 9
- TIME: 2-8pm
- FEES: $385 UD Residents / $400 others
- LOCATION: UDHS Pool and Rm. 229
- COURSE DESCRIPTION: If you are at least 16 years old and a proficient swimmer, you can become an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor. This course will help you teach skills that may save a life, gain terrific work experience as an aquatics professional, earn money or join a volunteer team while you help people learn valuable skills. This is a blended learning class which means there is online work required before and during the course; for your convenience, this reduces the number of hours onsite but still meets the ARC requirements for certification. The cost incudes all materials, books and ARC course fees. Participants will be asked to demonstrate swimming skills in the following strokes: Front Crawl - 25 yards; Back Crawl - 25 yards; Breaststroke - 25 yards; Elementary backstroke - 25 yards; Sidestroke - 25 yards; Butterfly - 15 yards; asked to maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling); and asked to tread water for 1 minute.
- PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: To secure a spot in the class, please email Facility & Community Affairs Manager Susan Lohoefer at email@example.com or call (215) 643-8800 x8994. Information needed is the name of the course, the student’s name and age at the start of the course, home address, preferred phone number and the student’s email address. Click the link below to download a registration form. It is preferred that signed forms and fees (check payable to “UDSD”) are sent in ahead of time. When mailing form and payment please send to: Susan Lohoefer, Facility & Community Affairs Manager, School District of Upper Dublin, 1580 Fort Washington Ave., Maple Glen, PA 19002
REGISTRATION FORM: WSI Certification Course Registration Form (Fall 2014)
# # #
For more information concerning any of the Community Aquatic Programs listed above, please contact Susan Lohoefer, Facility and Community Affairs Manager, at (215) 643-8800 ext. 8994 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPPER DUBLIN AQUATIC CLUB (UDAC)
Competitive Swimming and Diving
UDAC believes that every child can achieve life-long success through aquatics. UDAC's team-oriented philosophy enables us to provide a nurturing environment for everyone, from novice to national qualifier. Our program of comprehensive skills instruction, along with multiple levels of competitive opportunities, encourages all of our athletes to pursue personal excellence through teamwork in the sports of competitive swimming and diving. UDAC is a member of the Suburban Aquatic League (SAL) and Middle Atlantic Swimming, offering local dual-meet age-group competition (Oct-Feb) plus year-round USA Swimming and AAU Diving training and competition at all levels. UDAC also offers a pre-team program for those children who want to participate in the competitive program, but first need additional work on their strokes, strength and/or stamina.
For more information, please visit www.udac.us
Visit the UDAC website www.udac.us for information about winter and spring clinics, high school afternoon workouts, Monday & Thursday night workouts for middle school and older elementary students, the spring league and the summer national tournament hosted in Upper Dublin. On the home page of the UDAC website, view the left side menu, under LINKS click on “UD Water Polo.”
MONTGOMERY COUNTY SPECIAL OLYMPICS
The UDHS Pool is a training site for a Developmental Swim Program and for athletes who compete in the Special Olympics as part of SPECIAL OLYMPICS MONTGOMERY COUNTY. Athletes train with coach-buddies on Tuesday nights from 7-8pm from October to May. For more information about the program – for athletes and those interested in volunteering as a coach-buddy – please contact the Special Olympics Montgomery County Office at (215) 542-1140.